Removed features to connect to social networks. Now making simplest to do app.
The idea of using dropbox for holding html private and public pages is interesting..
Connecting GAE & Android using REST. Need to connect facebook, twitter and dropbox for the starter. Lot more to do..
For any kind of exams registration is the opening key. You need to register first. This first step is often repeated. Since almost all exam registration are done online now a days, what is the point in entering the same data over and over again. Important thing is that data is never going to change in most of the cases.
Say mark sheets, they never change. Lot of data entered during registration are never going to change. It would be much easier if we have a service that stores all data. Let us assume the name of the service as One Click. So the possibility with the One Click are more.
One Click can classify and store data. The steps would be like this.
User Registration: This is for end user entering the data in One Click systems.
- User registers with One Click.
- Enters all data he/she can enter.
Third Party Registration: The authority conducting an exam, register with one click.
- Register as exam provider [and get oauth keys].
- Enter application start and end date.
- Selects all required/optional fields that should be provided by the end user.
- User can register in One Click for specific exam.
- User gets email when that particular exam has started accepting registration.
Similarly a registration end date alert can be sent out to end user.
- User click the registration link in the email, it navigates to the third party registration site.
- Also, user can directly land on third party site using the URL.
- User can click on “One Click Registration” (or enter details painstakingly).
- It goes to One Click website. User will be shown all required & optional fields requested by the Third party. User can select or deselect optional fields.
- When user clicks on “Share & Continue” button, it returns to Third party site.
- Now, user can enter additional details if any.
- Then user can pay the required amount using payment gateways.
- Registration done.
Advantages: One Click registration has following advantage.
- Most important advantage is it saves time (Hell lot of time). Say for 1000 exams each year with average of 1 Lakh registration and if each registration saves 20 minutes. In total it saves time of 63.41 earth years. Which is near to average life span in India. Even in individual perspective it save more time. If one is registering for say 6 exams, it saves 2 hours time.
- Accuracy of data. If data is entered correctly once, no need to worry about it later. Prevent entry of inaccurate data to third party systems.
- No need to enter the same data over and over again. It will prevent you from getting bored.
- Consistency of data filled across applications.
- Additional abilities such as notifying user on opening up of particular exam registration and email alert when the interested exam registration end date is about to come, will be much useful for end users.
Note: I came across this idea after filling details in CAT application for my sister.
As of now i am not interested in taking up this idea. So, letting it open.
This idea is licensed under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Experimenting with ViewPager, just implemented with PagerAdapter. Need to check with its sub classes.
Just resumed the development of nool for android.. Lot to learn.. I can be creative again.. :-)
Recently i changed my profile pic in Facebook. It seems i have different profile pics across various social networks online. As i always wish to keep things in sync, i wish i could do profile pic sync code.
I need to sync it across, facebook, twitter, google+, google talk, tumblr, wordpress blogs and what not.
Probably i should keep this idea alive till it get materialized.